Henry VIII CD?

hen-sq

I’ve had a lot of emails asking about the possible CD release of the Henry Mind of a Tyrant score on CD (and other media). It features Alamire, Fretwork, Dot Allison and Charles Mutter.

We’re working on it fast… The more messages that come through, the more likely it is to happen so it’s looking good.

Thanks everyone!

PS. check back regularly in the Free Bits section as limited edition tracks will appear there often!

1. Autumn says:

Then let me be the first to say here: We want the Henry VIII CD as well as the piano pieces CD!

2. Matthew Bates says:

Please release Cd – just heard the most beautiful song on episode 3.
    Kind regards

3. Honeysuckle Weeks says:

Unbelievably beautiful music. Inspirational. At last Henry seems to have a heart.

4. Ritchie Gerry says:

Loved the soundtrack,can’t wait for the CD

5. Jesse says:

Pretty please with cream on top! Both my wife and me are desperate for the music score from this show.

6. Michelle says:

Please release this on CD, it’s beautiful!

7. Sarah says:

Please please release this hauntingly beautiful music.

8. Harriet says:

Really, really want this the music is amazing! Please bring it out on CD !!

9. The Masked Historian says:

Having finally got round to watching the series recorded over the last four weeks, I eagerly preordered the DVD from Amazon and was shocked NOT to find this excellent soundtrack and score also available. RELEASE THE MUSIC!

10. Chris says:

Great music and I really do hope a CD is released!

11. Ben says:

I’d like to add my voice to the growing chorus of people who would love the opportunity to buy this music on CD. It is absolutely fantastic!

12. William says:

Please release the CD, i NEED it! Probably the finest set of underscoring i’ve ever heard accompany a film or TV show. It made the documentary.

13. Maurice Campbell says:

We need this CD now! The music, for me, totally enhanced the programme

14. Jacqui Bennett says:

This CD would be really appreciated – how soon will it be released?

15. harry M says:

simply blown away by this, especially “without discord” PLEASE bring this out so I can buy a copy of this hauntingly beautiful track.

16. Kim Todd says:

I must say it. I loved the soundtrack to HenryVIII: mind of a Tyrant. I look forward to buying the CD.

17. Matthew says:

Henry 8th CD – come on quick sticks!!!

Truly fabulous music – you have really struck a chord with a great many people.

CD, ITunes etc….quick quick !

I have a need!!

18. Cheryl Thompson says:

My chorister son and I have really enjoyed hearing all your music in the Henry VIII: Mind of a Tyrant series. He’s the treble who was recorded at Arundel for Alma Redemptoris and to our delight we stumbled upon the finished track here on your brilliant website. Ironically he has a really keen interest in early music so we really enjoyed seeing the video of Fretwork and how everything was put together. May I please ask if/when the sound track is released will it be the recordings including the boys or with ladies?
    We will be (excitedly) purchasing a copy what ever, but I’m presuming it will be ladies? Thanks so much, Cheryl

1. radiomovies says:

Great to hear from you. He sang brilliantly, so I hope if all goes to plan to get his recording on the CD as it’s really characterful. I’ll keep you posted!
      best wishes
      Philip

19. Jonny Gee says:

Can’t BARE the suspense…is the Henry CD going to be produced?

20. Nick M says:

Like everyone else who has posted a message, I thought that the soundtrack was amazing which is why I have tracked you down to this web site. Needless to say, I very much hope that you bring out a CD and continue to inspire us in the future.

21. Jo says:

Absolutely we must have this CD with all the trebles as well especially Damian who sang the solo, he was wonderful.

22. Sarah says:

Just another thought, why not use the beautiful Tudor Rose at the top of the comments section as a cover!! ( When you release the CD of course!)

23. Ian Barnes says:

I was so taken by the music to this series, particularly the choirboy solo in episode 1, I searched & thankfully found this site. I was astonished to find most of the tracks are from Henry’s own hand. The work you have done is simply outstanding. Perfect perfect. Yes, I want to buy the CD too, so please release it.

24. Joseph Darman says:

I want this very much. Ready when you are.

25. Gavin says:

I would like to add my voice to those asking for a soundtrack……

The version of Alma Redemptoris would be worth it alone… I do play the streamed version here and enjoy it; although there is a crackle when played through my computer and I think that it might be on the stream.

I also would like to find the actual signature piece that was played in the programme. It was played when Henry displayed menace or power – or indeed England (which to all intents was the same thing). It seemed to be played on horns… and I cannot find it here – although there seems to be similar things played on strings of a high treble, so maybe there was something different or maybe my ears are faulty…….

Anyway great work and I can only hope that there is a CD (not just itunes please…. MP3 would denigrate the high quality of the work) very, very soon.

26. Louisa says:

Please release the CD! The beautiful Alma Redemptoris has stayed with me ever since I watched the series.

27. Peter says:

I agree with all above, this music must be released, it is fantastic. ‘Without Discord’ is definately a set of lyrics to get engaged to, Henry VIII knew what he was talking about!

I know half a dozen people who would buy this too.

28. Kristen says:

I also loved the music and would love to buy the music too. Has it been released yet?

29. Marcela says:

Please release Cd 🙂

30. Just listened to some of the music you did for this show, (the two based on the Philippe Verdelot madrigals are stunning) and now I wish there was a CD! As a student studying costume I think it is impossible for me to have too much inspirational music like this, and I love finidng new tracks, so I hope the CD does happen, and soon!