In some other

Here’s a piece I wrote about a Utopian place. Rolling fields, no sense of time, warmth and happy solitude… Solo violin by the very excellent Elspeth Hanson.
I would say it’s ambient, but it’s got too many melodic lines. It’s a bit celtic, but it’s not folk. Looking for a good title – any ideas?
If you like this, then try these tunes here.

Click here to subscribe, and you’ll get a free download of it from my mailing list. Thanks – Philip

1. Peter Jeffrey Gale says:

How about “Erewhon”, as in the utopian novel by Samuel Butler? This may have been based on Butler’s experience of New Zealand, which might fit your description in many ways, and was the home to many Irish immigrants, so also has utopian/Celtic connections.

1. radiomovies says:

Great idea Peter – thanks for that… top of the list so far!
      best P

2. tbonetimmons says:

Funny that this word “Erewhon” is ALMOST the backwards version of “Nowhere” although the h and w are switched in the backwards version. I have to say that I’ve never heard of this novel.

2. Beautiful! This really was so lovely to hear. I have no suggestions that would match up to it, however. Hope you find a perfect one.

3. runtobefit says:

Great music!!! The first title that came to my mind is “Rolling Down A Hill.” It reminds me of the innocence of youth and the joy of being a child.

1. radiomovies says:

Cool idea. That normally ended in injuries for me!!

4. Prem2Pram says:

How about “Elysian” as in Elysian Plains the final resting places of the souls of the heroic and the virtuous.

1. radiomovies says:

That reminds me of that lovely vocal in Gladiator with the Tuscan Pines & dream sequence.

5. hayadith says:

this is nice.
    and that picture above…is the place really exist???

1. radiomovies says:

Yes, apparently so – it’s in Tuscany – will try to link to the excellent photographer

6. rubiescorner says:

As I listened I imagined happy skipping. That would be hard across an open field, but then my mind imagined dancers skipping together in a room with wooden floors. One couple led and then there were others who skipped to the fast beat and then changed to slower dance movement. The skipping at first might have been with one, then the next joined that person and they skipped together over the wooden floor. It started on the green grass, a happy person in a full, fancy, printed dress. Now there’s my imagination in you Utopian movie. Thanks for sharing it with us. I loved the violin, but it seemed to have a lot of “work” and the rest was not there. This is a get up and dance piece! A get up and skip together like old times, sideways across the floor piece. This is my opinion. Smile.

1. radiomovies says:

Thanks for replying so deeply – my violinist would agree with you I suspect!

7. There is a part of me wodering if there is a bridge to the song or did you feel you did not need one?

1. radiomovies says:

Didn’t crop up when I was writing it.. so there isn’t one… yet!

8. Pamela says:

Beautiful. Moving.

9. Ilan says:

Útóipe

10. Irene says:

FAN-TASTIC! Gave me shivers!

11. very nice! i enjoy the counter melody that comes in later with it… do you compose often? Do you ever make sheet music? I am interested in any other recordings you have, as well as any transcriptions if you’re up for sharing 🙂

12. Lovely. As is the photo. Such a beautiful way to end my day. Thank you.

13. mytreetv says:

Well done! I would call it “A celtic TREE in the field!”
    Bob Ross would certainly love to listen to your music when he is painting… http://youtu.be/i3RYOawNITs
    Let it flow and let it grow! http://www.MyTree.TV

14. sophielumen says:

Love the music with the photo. thank you for a restful end to the day.

15. sophielumen says:

Oh, a title idea-when I listen again I see an otter swirling around in the water, playing and diving…its Gaelic name is ‘Dobhran’. There is an accent over the ‘o’.

16. twotoned says:

Lovely!

I would love to bring my book and lie on that beautiful greenery.

17. I loved it! When I listened, I could almost feel the sun on my face and breeze running through my hair as I imagined myself skipping along, frolicking.. playing. It has such a positive tone with a sense of hope. How about Sunnyside Up?

18. This is lovely. Thanks!

19. Nice and relaxing piece!
    Mark

20. mescribe says:

Awesome! I really liked “Erewhon” as well. Or why not “Valhalla”? I can see those ancient gods kicking their heels up to this type of tune. 🙂 Lovely! Thanks for sharing!

21. wineguider says:

A music blog — brilliant. Loved your piece. Loved the photo too. You are one of “the good ones.” Please keep it up, my best to you,
    -Wineguider, http://www.wineguider.wordpress.com

1. radiomovies says:

Thanks – very kind.. I’ll be sure to read your site too
      best P

22. Ed Ju says:

This is amazing, Phillip! This piece just lifts my spirits, its brilliantly sharp-sounding, yet gentle and soft. I love it and I consider it one of the best string-song I’ve ever heard, honestly.

Bless you!

23. barb7802 says:

What a pleasant surprise. A nice respet from my work. Thank you so much for sharing. You are now on my favorites list of sites to visit. I would love to share your music as well.