Inside the Milky Way

Click here for a track from the show.

This is an image of what the skies may look like when our sun starts dying in the future… and it’s a striking scene in ‘Inside the Milky Way’ which airs tonight on the National Geographic channel.

I wrote the score for this beautiful-looking programme and it gave me a chance to play around with large clockwork-like swathes of music, mainly based on Bach and Handel.

STOP PRESS! Single available here!

Inside the Milky way airs at 9pm on the National Geographic Channel.. Hope you like it!

All tracks ©Philip Sheppard 2010

1. mytreetv says:

The extracts from the soundtrack are wonderfull! Did you already make a soundtrack about a TREE? Keep it green! http://www.MyTree.TV

2. Tomektdk says:

Hi. Just perfect.
    Can please someone extract more from this soundtrack?
    Especially the one played during Earth travel to another part of the Milky Way

3. The music for this show was so moving and stirring, I just had to find out who’d done it. Please tell me this soundtrack will be available on CD or in some other obtainable format at some point? It’s so beautiful!

Thanks.

1. radiomovies says:

Lauren – I intend to make it a free download to my subscribers!
      best wishes
      Philip

4. mike says:

this is just amazing! I watched the documentary and I hope you will release the full score. Just love it

1. radiomovies says:

Dear Mike
      Thanks so much. I loved working on this show!

5. Jul says:

the clockwork galaxy sounds a lot like the variations on the folia from Vivaldi

1. radiomovies says:

Exactly right!
      I’ve based this on the Handel version.
      best
      Philip

6. Thomas says:

Amazing soundtrack! I just rewatched this episode and was amazed once again. Are you planning on releasing the full score? It would make my life. Best regards, Thomas

7. Jorge says:

Hello Phillip,

i love all the songs from this documentary. Where can i buy it? Please tell me because what you wrote is simply just beautiful and i love it

8. tenrragan says:

Hello Phillip,

9. Michael R. says:

Hello Phillip, where it is possible to buy or download all soundtracks from the documentary film “Inside The Milkyway”?

– Yours faithfully, Michael R.-

1. radiomovies says:

Dear Michael, It’s being released in stages – Here’s a single that’s just about to be released:
      thanks & best wishes Philip

10. Christopher Wilson says:

I saw the film and really loved the music based on a super fast performance of the Bach’s Brandenburg Concerto no 6.

1. radiomovies says:

Well spotted & Thank you! Here’s a single that’s just coming out:
      best Philip

1. rabb says:

Hello. I have a Question, when will be the whole Soundtrack released? Because this is the most beautiful soundtrack i’ve ever heard and why do he not sell a whole soundtrack cd of this? i will buy this and support him hes georgeos.
        greetings from germany

11. curbro says:

I know I’m waking up an old thread here but I have to try again. I will pay for this track if there’s any way you could produce it. It’s “A great city in the sky” from Inside the Milky Way.(http://youtu.be/aNV1Q–R7-A?t=1m45s). Absolutely gorgeous.

12. jahal says:

Dear Philip,

we are waiting for the full release of other soundtracks, we will appreciate it so much if you upload them as soon as you can. thank you

13. magic says:

In the last seconds of the second minute a violin starts to play! It’s awesome and is beautifully compatible with the background pictures. The whole sound track is so exiting and enthralling and amazingly makes you feel that you are in the space with those shimmering stars! congratulations to the composer for this piece of art!
    Please can anybody introduce me some musicians whose type of music is the same as this documentary?
    A fan from Iran.

1. Thomas says:

This soundtrack made me think of Vivaldi, The Four Seasons as recomposed by Max Richter. The whole album is amazing but Spring 1 is my favourite and resembles this soundtrack a bit.

It begins with a short intro, followed by the first piece of spring and the rest of the album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oYWfJuMGMA
      Hope you like it!

I still hope that someday the soundtrack will be released.